Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Star Trek and The Knights of the Round Table





Hi, all. I am putting this up as a test...my first video on this blog! It really doesn't have anything to do with ESL, just with the brilliant Monty Python and the always campy Star Trek. Monty Python's Holy Grail (1975) is one of my favorite movies, and whoever put this video together really spent a lot of time watching Star Trek--it is really well "choreographed."

I'm also posting it, with credits to Monty Python and the Star Trek crew, as an wonderful, if goofy, example of what marvels the digital age has brought us. It also goes right along with the topic of intellectual property, discussed in prompt 9. The jury is still out on how to control these types of things on You Tube. I just think the STar Trek and Monty Python folks will see this as what it is: a tribute and free marketing. the truth is, something like this only helps to keep them relevant today, 30 years after the fact. I'll let you know if I get a cease-and-desist message! What do YOU think (of the video and about this issue)???

Well, I am certainly not trying to pass this off as my own work (see note at bottom of post), but I wanted to share this hilarious video that makes me laugh! I hope you like it, too.

This song is from the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail Directed by
Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones, written by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle,
Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin--geniuses, all!!! The original cast and crew of Star Trek included these major players: William Shatner - (James T. Kirk), Leonard Nimoy - (Mr. Spock), DeForest Kelley - (Leonard "Bones" McCoy), James Doohan - (Montgomery "Scotty" Scott), George Takei - (Hikaru Sulu), Nichelle Nichols - (Uhura), Walter Koenig - (Pavel Chekov), and of course we give credit to Producer Gene Roddenberry (Show Creator)

Please leave your comments!


If it works, I will add something a little more teacher-y. Maybe!

No comments: